Apple TV

motley

Aug 15, 2008
Visit site
Anyone know if you could plug the the new Apple TV box into the back of you Amp/Receiver and use it to stream music wirelessly from any Ipod Touch via WiFi?

Thanks

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
The very original iPod Touch won't as it won't run the new iOS 4.2 software (I know cos I have one
emotion-6.gif
). I think only the 2G and above Touch does this.

bwv572

Aug 20, 2006
Visit site
I must say, it works really well, and means I don't have to have a PC on to stream music. I've noticed that lower bit-rate files show up more than I expected. Lossless is fine.

Dalesman

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
Andy Clough:Yes, if you have a current Touch, upgrade it to iOS 4.2 and update your new Apple TV to software v4.1, then you can stream music via AirPlay. Lots more info about this in my AirPlay blog.

Very useful.

As my A/V receiver can also stream music using bluetooth using ipod touch,just wondering if AirPlay presents a better sound quality using apple tv.

A

Anonymous

wow airplay - its like dlna from about 7 years ago - except it works with less than 10% gadgets.

Another useless pile of rubbish from apple though they expect u to pay a premium for it.

Yay for apple fanboy sites like whathifi

DavieCee

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
edsib1: wow airplay - its like dlna from about 7 years ago - except it works with less than 10% gadgets.

Another useless pile of rubbish from apple though they expect u to pay a premium for it.

Eh, Airplay is free so no premium there
emotion-18.gif

Stick to dlna, Yay.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
edsib1:wow airplay - its like dlna from about 7 years ago - except it works with less than 10% gadgets.

Don't hold back, edsib1 - say what you think...

landzw

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
lol i think edsib1 is only here to agree to disagree with everything thats said , i don't think i've seen one constructive comment from you .

Apple airplay has only just come out edsib1 and there are major company's backing airplay like Marantz and B&W things are going to get pretty interesting

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
And for Mac/iPhone owners (and there are rather a lot of the latter) it's a very simple plug 'n' play multiroom entertainment system that can stream video and audio. Can't imagine why people might be interested in that
emotion-40.gif

A

Anonymous

All Apple should have done is support DLNA.

But of course they dont - they want to trap people into using proprietary hardware/software.

Too many people seem happy to sleepwalk into a closed, drm-based proprietary architecture, and pay over the odds for the privilege.

DavieCee

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
edsib1:
All Apple should have done is support DLNA.

But of course they dont - they want to trap people into using proprietary hardware/software.

Too many people seem happy to sleepwalk into a closed, drm-based proprietary architecture, and pay over the odds for the privilege.

Maybe because it works like a dream

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
edsib1:Too many people seem happy to sleepwalk into a closed, drm-based proprietary architecture, and pay over the odds for the privilege.

Is it possible to sleepwalk into closed architecture?

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
JohnDuncan:I don't feel especially trapped...

Apple are clever like that you see, you don't feel trapped, but you are. Completely. They've removed your free will.

I think I read somewhere that, like Walt Disney before him, Steve Jobs possesses the "evil gene". It was probably somewhere reputable on the internet, but I forget, and that's digressing from the important point anyway, which is Apple are (ultimately) evil.

landzw

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
professorhat:
JohnDuncan:

which is Apple are (ultimately) evil.

We all have options as we are privileged to have choices , not everyone has choices so just enjoy what you have even if that means worshipping Evil

John Duncan

professorhat:Apple are clever like that you see, you don't feel trapped, but you are. Completely. They've removed your free will.I think I read somewhere that, like Walt Disney before him, Steve Jobs possesses the "evil gene". It was probably somewhere reputable on the internet, but I forget, and that's digressing from the important point anyway, which is Apple are (ultimately) evil.

I think they're quite sweet. Like fluffy bunnies.

A

Anonymous

sorry i missed that.

I was busy watching a blu-ray on my pc, browsing flash sites on my netbook - and then watching a couple of divx episodes on my phone.

Next I might stream some lossless Flac from my NAS to my amp, or stream an m2ts movie to my tv without the need for any other equipment.

kjelly

Aug 20, 2007
Visit site
LOL. Brilliant.
Am in full agreement with all your posts on this topic edsib1.

It's sad to see so many people blindly thinking they have a good deal, the best options, and greatest hardware...when all they have, in fact, is a lack of grip on the realities of modern technology and the value of money.

Also have to agree with the professor here though.
love Apple, or hate them, whatever they give their marketing and PR team for breakfast must be top secret stuff.
Their continued ability to make nothing seem like the next consumer miracle is both amazing and highly disturbing.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
JohnDuncan:professorhat:Apple are clever like that you see, you don't feel trapped, but you are. Completely. They've removed your free will.
I think I read somewhere that, like Walt Disney before him, Steve Jobs possesses the "evil gene". It was probably somewhere reputable on the internet, but I forget, and that's digressing from the important point anyway, which is Apple are (ultimately) evil.

I think they're quite sweet. Like fluffy bunnies.

435HolyGrail.jpg

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
professorhat:JohnDuncan:professorhat:Apple are clever like that you see, you don't feel trapped, but you are. Completely. They've removed your free will.

I think I read somewhere that, like Walt Disney before him, Steve Jobs possesses the "evil gene". It was probably somewhere reputable on the internet, but I forget, and that's digressing from the important point anyway, which is Apple are (ultimately) evil. I think they're quite sweet. Like fluffy bunnies.

435HolyGrail.jpg

That rabbits got a vicious streak a mile wide. Three shall be the number of the counting.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts