Apple TV should i buy one or not?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi there i am a bit of an Apple nut as i have a Mac and Iphone etc. I do use Itunes all the time and i am thinking about getting Apple TV. Is there anyone out here who has it and can advise whether it would be a good investment or not? I have a nice set up in my living room with my KEF speakers and the thought of playing my music through them sounds brill! but also to download HD movies and stream to my Plasma also sounds very tempting.

But what i need to know id what is the quality like  when watching a HD movie through Apple TV and how good does the music sounds when streaming through the Apple TV

Please advise! 

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
From what I've seen in demos etc, the Apple TV is good with HD, but not as good as say Blu-ray.

The sound is also reasonable, but benefits massively by connecting it to a good DAC (i.e. the Beresford or Cambridge DacMagic). But this does obviously add to the cost.

What amp / speakers are you using - I see you mention KEF, but which model?

A

Anonymous

My system is Sony 1200es receiver and KEF 2005.2 speakers also have a PS3

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
You could optical out from the Apple TV to the reciever - job done. And I think it would be great with what you have there.

I went for the cheaper option (Apple Airport Express) as I'm not a big film / TV fan, but it does the job great with music.

Go for it - I don't think you will be disappointed...

A

Anonymous

Hi there, can't you use the PS3 to stream your media from your computer?

Granted, Apple TV would have a huge usability advantage with a Mac but it is only limited to what is on your iTunes, if you don't hack it somehow.

I am using my Macbook Pro's digital output via an optical cable connected to my receiver and I am very satisfied with the result.

Apple TV is not cheap and maybe you should look into some other alterntives.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts