Apple really should take heed

manicm

It seems my ears were not deceiving me. The 'other' UK mag which dishes out Globes in reviews, in a MP3 player roundup in their very recent issue, described the current iPod Classic's sound as 'dull and lifeless'. Expressing my sentiments exactly, they wished Apple would release a no-frills iPod Pro model geared toward audio quality. Ah, we can only dream.

staggerlee

Apr 11, 2008
Visit site
There is s no reason for Apple to listen. The ipod is successful. The majority of customers are happy, they make record profits. There is no competitor that is taking them on. So why should they ?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
manicm:they're really onto something here

You read it here first, folks...
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

Try a Cowon J3 if you really want to see how bad the iPod sounds. I sold my Classic (late 2009, 160gb) and got a J3 for 2 reasons 1) rubbish sound and the lack of custom eq option 2)no flac compatibility.

The J3, by contrast, give you heaps of preset options, a 5 band semi-parametric custom equaliser and BBE+ sound enhancement options. The 'normal' or flat setting on the J3 is pretty lame, it has to be said, but all of those tweaks you can make really can take music to a new level.

Plus the J3 accepts flacs and micro sd cards for extra memory. And it has superb battery life, a fantastic quality touch screen, easy to use UI and is perfect for movies. Bit of a no brainer really.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts