• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

Apple Music

henriquebs12

Feb 25, 2021
This review just seems to be a paid one. What a shame from What HiFi. How can AM be 5 stars if iTunes only works well on iMacs and it is a joke playing outside Apple ecosystem, comparing to Spotify Connect feature and the huge compatibility with virtual assistants. In AM if you are playing in any device and open iTunes the song will pause. It doesn't exist a synced session when you are using with carplay. The overall bad experience with AP can't result in 5 stars.

Apple Music’s enjoyable and dynamic delivery is a more engaging listen than Spotify, so it’s worth considering if you want a step up in sound quality for a similar price.
Did you even blind tested to affirm that? I think this is just a random statement to justify the fact that who reviewed it doesn't understand anything about a "dynamic" sound. The way you wrote this review just seems that AP is has a better sound then Tidal and better features then Spotify. HAHA.

ChefJeff

Apr 26, 2021
If you'd ask me I'd say Apple Music is more vibrant and open. And of course didn't test this blind... but some songs seem so flat in Spotify. Don't get me wrong, not all of them just some. But also e.g. The Prodigy - where did the energy go? My gf noticed this w/o knowing what I was playing.... so that was blind in a way... and I started switching after getting annoyed with Spotify...

erbasically

Sep 26, 2012
I remember reading a blog some years ago where the writer compared the recommendations from various streaming services. If I remember correctly Spotify was uncannily good at predicting which songs the writer would like, even though they had quite obscure taste in music. It would be interesting to see that kind of info in reviews here as the "your mix" type playlists from some streaming services can be so wrong they're unlistenable (hello Deezer!).

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts