Apple MacBook with Oppo BDP-105, DAC problem

jabol

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I have been trying to connect my Apple Macbook Air to Oppo BDP-105 using USB (DAC). I changed setting on my Mac to "OPPO USB Audio Device 2.0" and switched input on my Oppo to USB DAC, but I still get no sound. I can see that my Mac recognizes Oppo though.

I do not have this problem when my PC laptop is connected to Oppo. Am I missing something? Old OS X (10.6.8)?

hoods6

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I just spoke to Oppo Digital yesterday on the phone about this. I have an older MacBook (Version 10.6.8) and had the same problem you are having. I was trying to stream live radio stations from my computer through the USB DAC on the back of my Oppo BDP-105D but got no sound either. Oppo told me to hold the command key while pressing the spacebar. This brings up "Spotlight." Type in "Audio MIDI Setup" and chose the Top Hit which will be "Audio MIDI Setup". That will bring up the "Audio Devices" window. Chose "OPPO USB Audio 2.0 DAC" and make sure that "Format " is set to "192000.0 HZ" Make sure that your volume is all the way up on your Mac. Hope this helps.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts