Apple has discontinued the original HomePod

D

Deleted member 116933

I find this very unlikely to b e the case. They have ceased production on the iMac Pro but thats soon to replaced buy the upcoming m1x version. They have Apple Music so they would want you stay in the eco system as much as possible tbh

That’s a strange story

Rich5970

Mar 13, 2021
Visit site
Speaking as an electronic engineer/technician, I have had the opportunity to attempt a repair on the Homepod. Unfortunately, Apple didn't consider repair when they designed the unit. If you look at the YouTube videos related to disassembly, you will notice they resort to cutting gear in order to gain access. I suspect therefore that the anticipated right to repair laws would find the unit in breach, which has led to the discontinuation

WhiteKnight2020

Feb 27, 2020
Visit site
An odd story/speculation. Could there be a new HomePod to launch with an Apple Music Lossless service this Spring?
It's overpriced Cupertino fanbois rubbish, tied to their walled garden of massive markups, why does anyone care? In particular why do whf keep pushing this apple nonsense, most of us can't afford their ecosystem, or at least aren't prepared to give them 30% markups?

Rich5970

Mar 13, 2021
Visit site
I believe that if you return a Homepod to Apple for repair, they charge 80% of the new price to remedy the issue. In other words, they don't repair them either. However, Apple people tend to be a little blinkered.

manicm

All of you and WHF have got it wrong - yes you’re all wrong and it’s that simple.

The Home Pod Mini at 99 pounds has been outselling the 299 pounds Home Pod exponentially, and operationally the cheaper model is superior. So for actual customers sound quality is not the be all and end all for such a lifestyle device.

Apple are not wilfully stupid, if at first they appear to be.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts