Apple at WWDC

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
:cheer:

Finally...new features I've been asking for, such as iBooks on OSX Mavericks and number-blocking on iOS 7.

I seem to be missing the point of Maps on Mavericks. Not that I use it, I still prefer Google Maps.

Not sure yet what to make of iTunes Radio. Will have to see it properly before I decide if it's something I am happy to scrap Spotify for.

That new Mac Pro looks amazing.

RodhasGibson

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
professorhat said:
Paul. said:
Even the most ardent Apple hater must surely doff their cap to that unified core thermal design...

Doubtful.

Liking the look of iOS 7 and liking most of the new features on OS X Mavericks - lets see how much it costs to upgrade.
My thoughts entirely guys. Mavericks? makes me think back to James [Brett Maverick]Garner :)

cheeseboy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
so apple firmly failed to address any of the major issues with ios7 and basically gave it a facelift... oh dear.

The new mac pro does look grand, yet also like a rubbish bin :)

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
professorhat said:
Paul. said:
Even the most ardent Apple hater must surely doff their cap to that unified core thermal design...

Doubtful.

Well, I might if I had the faintest idea what it meant. As far as I can see it just means there's only one fan, which doesn't seem that much to get excited about, unless I'm missing something?

Paul.

Its got one triangular extruded aluminium heatsink that cools the memory, processor and dual workstation class gpus. If the processor is running full beans and the gpu isn't, then the redundant heat capacity for the gpu portion of the heatsink can be shared to the other componants. Also, it's not obvious from the pics, but its only 10" by 7" even though its bonkers powerfull and supposedly near silent.

Paul.

iPhone 4 works with ios7. You loose airdrop, you already didn't have panoramas (so you don't get that) and you can't do live filters (but you can do it in photo stream. I don't think those are deal breakers?

AEJim

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
iOS 7 definitely feels quite slick in use, the icons are pretty terrible with a "pre-school" look about them but everything else seems to have a high quality, premium feel - moreso than iOS 6.

It's a good upgrade in most respects if not a wholesale revamp, the only other thing I'd change straight off is the gimmicky paralax wallpaper scrolling, it's barely noticeable in use except for when it jerks into place abruptly at times, I'd imagine it also eats a little into battery life...

landzw

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
daveh75 said:
Apple Clearly got their 'inspiration' from Webos,Android, W8 and third party app devs with 7.

Well if it was you, you would of done the same. Look at what everyone else is doing and take the best bits from other mobile OS and tweak them to work nicely with your own OS. Lets face it it needed a facelift

AnotherJoe

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
2 more useful features:

- activation lock linking a phone to the original owners cloud account, and requiring that password to acticate even after wiping

- AFP has been dropped as the standard network protocol for OSX in favour of SMB2. This should improve network compatability with newer(vista and upwards) Windows pc's. May cause initial problems with time machine though.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts