Apple 12 days of Christmas App - free iTunes content every day until Jan 6th

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Just a heads-up for those of you whom haven't seen this App in previous years...

Essentially it's a free iTunes download every day from Boxing Day until 6 January.

It's kicking off with a free Coldplay EP today. In previous years there've been free videos, books and games as well as music - some of it good, others not, but hey, it's free.

:)

Amadeus1756

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else not got a notification from this app? Notifications are all on, using latest IOS on 4s

Thanks

PS: as a side issue, I couldn't reply to Clare's note because the subject line was too long - looks like the same rules are used everywhere

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Is there a device / IOS restriction on this app ? I have a 4s and IOS 5.1 and ok, but a friend with a 3G , not sure what IOS has just text to say they can't download it.

Amadeus1756

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Most apps seem to be linked in with the version of IOS, seemingly unneccessarily. A lot of apps won't work with anything other than 1 or 2 generations before the current.

It's maddening and frankly doesn't reflect well on Apple, but it is what it is.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

So far, the gifts are a Coldplay ep, and some tosh from Top Gear, which are about as welcome as the HMV in store voucher I received for xmas.

The xmas spirit has definitely deserted me already.
mad.gif

psurquhart

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
So far, the gifts are a Coldplay ep, and some tosh from Top Gear, which are about as welcome as the HMV in store voucher I received for xmas.

mad.gif

Ditto on the HMV voucher, ditto on the Coldplay ep and ditto on the Top Gear download.

Tosh , tosh and tosh.

A

Anonymous

Bah humbug indeed! I've just downloaded the EP. Thanks Apple (and What HiFi for the heads up)! :)

cram

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
mad.gif

By that I take it you mean the true spirit of Christmas ie it is better to receive than give.

To be fair given all the people they've got to cater for I don't think Apple have done a bad job with the freebies.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
cram said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
mad.gif

By that I take it you mean the true spirit of Christmas ie it is better to receive than give.

To be fair given all the people they've got to cater for I don't think Apple have done a bad job with the freebies.

Agreed, how dare they give stuff away that not everyone will like. Very bad form on Apple's part. :doh:

The SoundHound app they gave away at beginning of December was pretty good as well.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

professorhat said:
cram said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
mad.gif

Agreed, how dare they give stuff away that not everyone will like. Very bad form on Apple's part. :doh:

The SoundHound app they gave away at beginning of December was pretty good as well.

Apologies, I was taking my HMV voucher gripe out on Apple.
redface.gif

Downloaded the game today

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts