Anyone recommend a NAS Server Multimedia Drive?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I’m looking into buying a NAS Server that can act as a multimedia player. What I need is a device that can do the following:

1. Act as backup/storage for my music and movies (1TB or more, preferably expandable)

2. Stream these to a PS3, LG ST600 and Pure Radio

3. Preferably have a CD/DVD drive to both rip music onto the device and burn from it.

I was looking at the popcorn hour c200 but from what I can see it seems over priced. I was also looking at the LG NITI 1TB but reviews have been mixed.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Peter

nads

you need to think waht you really want. do you want a media player with storage or a NAS?

just about any device will stream from any NAS. (ie most NAS dont actually do anything other than store data).

the PopCorn hour is a Media player. the LG is a NAS.

I have an LG NAS but it has spent more time getting fixed than being used.

A

Anonymous

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. Ideally I'd like something that could store, stream, rip and act like a multimedia device. I may be aiming too high!!

P

A

Anonymous

Cheers, that does look good but I was'nt planning on spending that much! Was hoping to spend about 300 at most.

A

Anonymous

Cheers, that does look good but I was'nt planning on spending that much! Was hoping to spend about 300 at most.

big1986ben

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
You can build a vortexbox for £300 and it will do everyting you need, get a Atom bare bones PC about 170, dvd drive 30, HHD 50, ram 30. All done the software is free.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts