Anyone owned a milli vanilli cassette/cd

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
lol I remember them, but I never bought anything. I remember the news-story breaking that they weren't really singing on their records, they were just a facade for Frank Farian and his band of session musicians. That revelation didn't surprise me because Frank had worked like that for years. What did surprise me is they chose to press their own self-distruct button by 'coming out' instead of just rolling with it.

I also remember Rob Pilatus' death in 1998, ironically enough on the eve of a promotional tour for a new album produced by Farian, but this time with Pilatus and Fab Morvan genuinely on vocals. Shame. I can't remember if the album was ever posthumously released.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Dougal1331 said:
Dougal1331 said:
Yep, got an album on tape somewhere.

Probably in a box in the loft...

Oh hang on, no it was Scritti Politti, not Milli Vanilli!

Ah! Green Gartside (sp?). I liked SP, but all these years later, I can't tell you any other hit he/they had other than 'The Word Girl".

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
MajorFubar said:
Dougal1331 said:
Dougal1331 said:
Yep, got an album on tape somewhere.

Probably in a box in the loft...

Oh hang on, no it was Scritti Politti, not Milli Vanilli!
Ah! Green Gartside (sp?). I liked SP, but all these years later, I can't tell you any other hit he/they had other than 'The Word Girl".

The Marxist pop star, if ever there was.

Wood Beez on 12 inch vinyl is a monumental moment in modern music. Well, it felt like that thirty years ago. Haven't played it much since then.

Tinseltown to the Boogiedown (late 90s, I think, was great too).

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Not got any Milli Vanilli, but if we are having a confessional then I have to admit that whilst looking through my CDs the other day, I noticed the CD directly before my Rolling Stones was Robson & Jerome :oops: > The fact that it belongs to my wife is no excuse.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts