Anyone heard of Xindak?

Sabby

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
I am thinking of getting a preamp and have come across a Xindak XA3200 which is very reasonably priced. It's a hybrid preamp and makes a nice change from the usual Rotel/Nad stuff. Has anyone heard this preamp or alternatively, point me to a review?

A

Anonymous

Heres a review.

Here

I think Jordan Acoustics have sold some of their gear second hand so may know something more.

Hope this helps.

willgaunt

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Did you ever find out any more about this preamp? Am also looking at it (or XA3250, or 3200 mkii), but it's very hard to find useful information on it, or dealers whose websites have been updated within the last 2 years!

Sabby

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
There's very little info available on the web other than a couple of very good reviews that I have come across. It seems that the XA300 is quite a good sounding preamp, judging from the reviews. My biggest problem is not being able to audition as it is not stocked locally. So buying one will be pretty much a hit or miss affair.

willgaunt

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Trouble is, having sinned greatly and generally gambled on buying blind (and won every time as far as I can tell), this time, with upgrading my amp (I'd like to get the corresponding power amp as well ideally) I can't really afford to take a gamble. Now the reviews/descriptions would imply that this combo would suit (vocal, strings and classical covers a huge proportion of my listening, and I'm generally a tube fan, kind of), but the only UK dealer still listing these products last updated the website in 2008, and the other dealers listed by Xindak don't seem to be carrying this line any more. Do you reckon this dealer is likely to be the 'residential' kind, rather than a shop?

This has all come about thanks to EB2 - there was me thinking that would be the last upgrade for a while!

Sabby

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
More than likely this dealer will be of the "residential" kind as you put it. However, this is not a bad thing as they tend to give you better personal service than the larger retailers. The only problem might be in auditioning as they do not have the financial muscle to stock a full range of products. You pretty much have to go by the few reviews on the web and take your chances. If you find that you don't like it then you can always put it up for sale on ebay.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts