Anyone heard Anthem 225 vs Yamaha A-S2000?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hey guys. Well I didn't quite have enough money for the ATC setup I wanted, so am going to start more modestly.

I have some scanspeak standmounts which are on the forgiving side rather than clinical side of neutral and am looking for a good integrated.

I have narrowed down my shortlist to the Anthem 225 and the Yamaha A-S2000. They're about the same price here in the USA. Both seem to have got very good reviews, though the Anthem is better known Stateside.

Comparatively, both look very competitive and well-built, but I wonder if anyone has heard either of them to give me your impressions?

I live in a backwater state where I will unfortunately not be able to audition prior to purchase.

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
I have heard both of these although not back to back. It is a real shame you can not listen beforehand as they are both very good. The Anthem has bags of power and takes a real grip of the music. The Yamaha is very clean with surprising pace.

I suppose it depends on how you listen and what you listen to. Build quality is superb on both. If it was my choice I would opt for the Anthem as I like the power.

A

Anonymous

I agree with all the previous comments however I think it's important to note that while the Anthem has more power, the Yamaha isn't lacking in that department. The power rating is quite conservative. I've been around the Yamaha gear for about a year in my work place and it has a nice sound.

I'm sure you will be happy with either choice.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts