anyone have or listened to a Russ Andrews Rave 1

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi - contrary to the what hifi review it appears russ andrews rave1 does not come with speakers anymore, so i was thinking of pairing it with a pair of Roth Oli 1 speakers. I am considering it as a gift for my son as nearly all his music is on a computer/external hard drive, but i also see Denon has a good looking micro system with usb port M37??? - can anyone help in which would be best sound (denon has more features for the same price as the RA) but which would give best sound?

thanks

neil

A

Anonymous

Hi Neil,

Get the Denon a friend of mine has one as a second system. It sounds pretty good and has excellent features like DAB plus solid build quality. It also got 5 stars vs 4 stars for the Russ Andrews which looks cheap and tacky.

Overall the Denon would more complete and would make a much nicer present than the Russ Andrews effort.

A

Anonymous

cheers for that, i was thinking that the Denon did have the extra features so would be more useful but just wanted a 2nd opinion as the Rave1 was promoted as a computer amp so wondered if it just had some trickery that was dedicated to best sound from a computer

thanks

neil

A

Anonymous

No it doesn't although Russ Andrews' marketing would have you think that. Its unique feature was having a UBS port which isn't that unique anymore. Also WHF reviewed it at £199 including speakers so I don't think 4 stars is really valid when its the same price excluding the speakers. It doesn't even have a remote control.

Anyway, let us know what you decide.

A

Anonymous

when put like that it does make sense to go for the Denon, i was being taken in with the Russ Andrews info, it does seem strange that the speakers are now excluded but no discount, so the Denon has DAB, CD and USB and gets a good write up so i think i will go ahead and order the Denon. thanks for taking the time out to reply

cheers

neil

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts