Anyone got new Pioneer hm82 network amp mini? Any good?

catw4x

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I owned an a30 with n30 network and q acoustics 2050i last year and they were great however having 2 units to plug in and the size of them and the fact that you need a separate wifi extender was a pain so I sold them. Now looking for replacements and see ths new hm82 that kills all my mentioned problems. It's small, wifi and is 2x50w like the a30. However does anyone know if this new mini amp is any good? Will it sound as good as the a30 which was warm and detailed. I hope so! Plus will it power floor standers ok?

Japanhere1

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I have the same question. The HM82 looks very good, it seems to cover all the bases, at least for me a newby.

I have been around all the shops here and haven't actually seen one yet

unsleepable

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Pioneer seems to be bring out a few interesting products. There is a couple of them I'd like to try out myself—just expect to have the necessary free time and peace of mind soon.

As for the X-HM82, just be aware that as it often happens with cheaper audio products, power rating is given at 4Ω rather than 8Ω. So 50W per channel at 4Ω will probably be something like 30W at 8Ω.

The A-30 is also rated at 4Ω, as 70W per channel.

Also, the X-HM82 is class D and the A-30 is class A/B.

Japanhere1

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your reply? Must look up what classes mean for amps. Have you heard it? I was looking at the sony Hap-S1 and that sounded good. But I am trying to actually see one and use one

I see it came out a few weeks ago, maybe I should wait?

Cass IoW

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi. Im thinking of purchasing one of these, I understand the 72 is the same as the 82 minus gold plated contacts does anyone know if this is correct? My only concern is the output figures are quoted as 50+50W (1khz 10% T.H.D., 4 ohms) seems excessive to me or am I reading it wrong. Im also considdering the Yamaha CRX560 they quote 32+32W (1khz, 10% T.H.D) but also 1khz/12.5W 0.05%or less.

The Yamaha has less features, no display of album covers etc. No wi-fi or bluetooth but same bundled price.

There are no HiFi outlets or stockists where we live so I havnt got the chance to compare.

robjohnb

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
With the desire to combine as much latest audio tech into one package, the x-hm82 fits the task well.

There is a very well presented user interface. Mostly operated by the remote, with minimal unit controls, mainly one large volume dial. The display is a delight, clear and detailed.

Within a short time configuring wlan for internet radio, I had a quality sounding JazzFM playing "in stereo" at long last ( mono only on DAB). There's even a station colour logo on the display.

Appears to have enough drive for my smallish floor standers too.

Still plenty more options to set-up, spotify, ipod BT etc etc.

So far, I highly recommend this unit. Rob

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts