Anyone got an Arcam rDock?

BreatheEasy

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
I've just picked up an rDock from the local shop, the (shocking) instructions seem to imply there should be some sort of insert that fits into the docking well, presumably for my particular type of iPod - there are none of these in the box.

Is this the case? Am I missing something before I get back back onto the shop and make a fool of myself demanding something that doesn't exists!

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
I have an rDock too, and like you it came supplied without any kind of adapter, so my iPod (G3) just sits rather loosely on top of the connector. Works fine.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Well, the brochure says it has

"1x iPod universal well suitable for all iPods latter (sic) than 4th
generation including Mini and Nano",

which might explain why AC's 3G one doesn't fit too well.

But I see what you mean about the manual: this

does seem to suggest some kind of insert is supplied to be inserted in the well before you place the iPod in the unit.

I think a word with your retailer, or with Arcam, might be in order...

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Just had this official reply from Arcam's PR chap:

"All iPods since Apple introduced the Apple Universal Dock a few years ago come with the appropriate adapter in the box. So if you buy a nano, you get a nano adapter etc

The Arcam rDock then uses the Apple Universal Dock adapter, into which the adapter supplied with your iPod fits.

For extras, just look on the Apple Store site."

Of course, as Andrew correctly points out, if you have a pre-4G iPod (as I do), you won't have an adapter.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts