Anyone else duped by WHF/Sonos ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
In the March WHF on page 32, it was written that Sonos would be offering a 25% discount on the BU130 bundle for buyers at the show. As a fan of the Sonos system I was really looking forward to this and ready to buy at the show. However both Sonos and Audio T denied the offer when I visited on Saturday!

I suspect others would have been tempted by this too, and after visiting the show for most of the last 20 years this may well be my last, as I was really hacked off by this false promise to get buyers through the door.

Comments from anyone - or What Hi-Fi?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Jonathanh"]However both Sonos and Audio T denied the offer when I visited on Saturday![/quote]

Funny that, given that the same information was given in the list of special offers in the showguide produced by the organisers, whch gave the show price as £699 but the regular price as £999.

We were purely repeating infornation given to us in preparing the listing of exhibitors, published in the magazine's March issue as part of our sponsorship agreement with the show.

So no intention to dupe anyone - just erroneous information supplied somewhere down the line.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Indeed. Discussed this with Andrew and Clare at the show, and on the outside back page of the official Bristol Show Guide (which I have sitting on my desk) the Sonos price is listed under the heading "Special Show Offers". That's their heading, BTW, not ours. And then it says: "Show Price £699, saving of £207."

So apologies, certainly no intent to mislead on our part - we were merely going on the information supplied to us.

A

Anonymous

Hi - thanks for replying. The issue here the wording . The Sonos Bundle advertised is normally sold at £699 by all Sonos retailers across the UK, and that in itself is a saving of £207 as you say. Great - but that can be bought any day, not just at the show. What you put in your magazine was that there would be a 25% discount on the BU130 bundle - which is £699 anyway..... So really there was zero discount at the show, and the 'show offer' is the normal high street price.

Please note also that we don't see what is in the show guide until we arrive at the show. So the magazine pages will be what tempts us. I think my main beef is that both Sonos and Audio T were not bothered at all by this fact, that people might travel a long way just for the offer, and offered no apology or interest.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Understand, but as I say, the info was supplied to us by the show organisers and we took it in good faith. Again, apologies, we certainly didn't set out to mislead.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts