Anyone actually planning to buy a Pono??

So they have been delayed until December, sadly.

Just wondered if anyone has been taken in by the Pono phenomenon and actually planning to buy one considering that we have hi-res players available at the moment that are similarly priced.

bluedroog

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
Bit of an obb shape isn't it? I'm more interested in the Fiio X10 I think but might see how this plays out and wait a year. I curently use the Qobuz app to stream over an iphone 4S and have a Fiio E17 if I want although don't use it day to day.

I would be intrested to see if any of these devices ever get 4G can be synced for offline mode with good memory and really deliver since I've moved from owning media to subscription.

I'll wait to see how stable the usability is too.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Nope. It's a funny shape which looks like it could be uncomfortable in my pocket.

Besides I'm already happy with my Sony MP3 player which is only 7mm thick and when I did an instantaneous A/B comparision test on it I found that the analogue headphone output sounds totally transparent and identical when compared to a bit perfect digital output from my PC.

EvPa

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
No, portable player-wise I went from a Diamond Rio PMP300 to an iRiver H320 to a Sansa Clip+ (8GB plus a 32GB microSD), the last two running Rockbox.

Not planning to change at this time and if I do (i.e. when the Clip+ stops working) it will likely be a Clip Sport or one of FiiO's models.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Looks tasty.

Toblerone-1.jpg

nick12

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm planning to wait until Sony have tweaked their portable Hi Res player to incorporate DSD support and increased storage. Until then, I'll stick with my trusty Sony MiniDisc Walkman.

nick12 said:
I'm planning to wait until Sony have tweaked their portable Hi Res player to incorporate DSD support and increased storage. Until then, I'll stick with my trusty Sony MiniDisc Walkman.

Good point. It's a wonder it didn't come with DSD capability when you look at their home-audio hires machines and the fact that it was Sony who really pushed SACD / DSD as a format.

Lets hope they do make this correction in the Mk2 version as I'd think about one then.

If you are going to go that hi-res then you might as well go DSD. :)

Womaz

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57620489-93/sound-bite-despite-ponos-promise-experts-pan-hd-audio/

What an awful shape.....what were they thinking?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts