Anybody familiar with Dynaudio Contour 1.3 mkII?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Have been offered these 2nd hand for a nice little sum.

Looking at both the design and reviews they seem to have been the old version of the new Focus range (with the new Contour being a completley different beast).

I have been under-utilising my Cyrus components (CDXT, DAC-X, 8 + X-Power) by partnering with Quad 11Ls.

I will audition/inspect, but it's a fair distance, so I can assume this will be a noticable step up?!?

A

Anonymous

They are good speakers but you need a lot of power and you need to make sure they work well in your room. They boomed in mine and I was better off with Contour 1.1s.

A

Anonymous

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I will be able to place them c. 2 foot from wall and not near any corners etc. How close were yours when they boomed? Did you try bunging them?

The Cyrus X-power should be fine for now, but I will look to add another x-power and power them in mono as soon as funds permit.

How are the contours for low volume detail and punch?

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="thfcwestlower"]How are the contours for low volume detail and punch? [/quote]

Not many that will match them for a punch when partner correctly (at this price). You will need power though and they will need some space around them. Details are not the best I've heard but the treble is so smooth and warm mid bass make you forget what you are missing in the mix.

Alternative: Acoustic Energy AE1 classic or PMC DB1+

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts