Anybody auditioned or know anthing about MS Mezzo 6 Foorstanders ?

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
My advice would be dont buy the Mezzo's on a whim then.

You cant spend that money on speakers without demoing them so if you can and have demo'd the RS6s and liked them, go for them. Once fully run in they will grow on you very quickly. I cant get enough of mine and im sure theyre getting better each time i listen to them

A

Anonymous

Agreed, the Mezzo's are a better speaker, but not anywhere near good enough for a blind purchase.

GautamB

Jun 30, 2009
Visit site
I bought the Mezzo 6 a couple of weeks ago after auditioning KEF iQ9, Polk, JBL ES100, 90, 80, PSB T65 and a few others so here is my take. But first I need you to know the kind of music that I listen too. Its completely eclectic and ranges from Luciano Pavarotti and Tchaikovsky, to Floyd and Scorpions as well as Nazareth and Iron Maiden....and to blend it in I also have Elvis, Pat Boone and Shania Twain to name a few. I went nuts trying to find the right mix of speakers and amp.

The KEFs were good for the Classical stuff but got butchered by Polk and JBL when it came to the heavier end of my listening spectrum. The Polk handled Scorpions elegantly but were outclassed by the PSB in that department. So when I tried the Mezzos after all the fabulous reviews, my expectations were high. I checked them out paired to a Cambridge Audio 740A amp but found them lacking the 'thump'. I then re-read all th reviews and went back and tried them with the Denon 700 and the bass now sounded a little boomy. In parallel I was also trying out the amps and cd players - not a very smart move in retrospect, but I was on a time line.

So what worked eventually ?? Well I realised that what the Mezzos were missing in terms of the 'lows' was made up by NAD, and the mids and high's on the Mezzos sounded just right. So I paired the NAD 355BEE with a NAD 545BBEE CD Player, hooked this up to the Mezzos and what I got was pure magic. I cant believe the soundstage and have been loving every minute. My self proclaimed 'tone deaf' wife has also started to enjoy the strains of Enya as well as the highs of O Sole Mio and we soak up the joy of the music enveloping us every evening, with just each other and a glass of wine for company.

A

Anonymous

GautamB:

I bought the Mezzo 6 a couple of weeks ago after auditioning KEF iQ9, Polk, JBL ES100, 90, 80, PSB T65 and a few others so here is my take. But first I need you to know the kind of music that I listen too. Its completely eclectic and ranges from Luciano Pavarotti and Tchaikovsky, to Floyd and Scorpions as well as Nazareth and Iron Maiden....and to blend it in I also have Elvis, Pat Boone and Shania Twain to name a few. I went nuts trying to find the right mix of speakers and amp.

The KEFs were good for the Classical stuff but got butchered by Polk and JBL when it came to the heavier end of my listening spectrum. The Polk handled Scorpions elegantly but were outclassed by the PSB in that department. So when I tried the Mezzos after all the fabulous reviews, my expectations were high. I checked them out paired to a Cambridge Audio 740A amp but found them lacking the 'thump'. I then re-read all th reviews and went back and tried them with the Denon 700 and the bass now sounded a little boomy. In parallel I was also trying out the amps and cd players - not a very smart move in retrospect, but I was on a time line.

So what worked eventually ?? Well I realised that what the Mezzos were missing in terms of the 'lows' was made up by NAD, and the mids and high's on the Mezzos sounded just right. So I paired the NAD 355BEE with a NAD 545BBEE CD Player, hooked this up to the Mezzos and what I got was pure magic. I cant believe the soundstage and have been loving every minute. My self proclaimed 'tone deaf' wife has also started to enjoy the strains of Enya as well as the highs of O Sole Mio and we soak up the joy of the music enveloping us every evening, with just each other and a glass of wine for company.

Hi!

Wonder if hv heard the Mezzo 8? the clarity and seperation is definately much better than the Mezzo 6
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

vinod_david:Hi: How do compare MA RS6 and Mezzo 8. Does Mezzo 8 blow away RS6 out of the water ? - i guess you've heard RS6 during your auditioning journey.

Hi!

yes, i did audition the RS6 before my purchase of Mezzo 8. I should say the purchase is base on personal preference. I do agree that the RS6 is a pair of good speaker and same goes to my Mezzo 8. but i prefer more of the sonic signature from the Mezzo 8.

To me, RS6 give very crisp and detail sounding. but it highlighted alot on the higher note which i feel is harsh and bright (edgy). I can only listen to such sounding for a short period of time and prolong listening will give me headache and my ears will feel piercing.

As for Mezzo 8, the sound is more warm and this is something which i like it very much as i listen alot on vocal. The detail wise to me is also very good and the same goes to the seperation. One good thing about Mezzo 8 is that the bass port is located at the front and this allow me to put my speaker near to the wall and wont cause boominess.

Max

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts