any zeppelin air owners tried hi res music through it?

ontheline

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
after owning an air for 2 years i have only just found out now how to stream music from my itunes library to my zeppelin air simply usind a standard printer cable, i created a new topic on this and i now feel like a real dunderheed. sorry for the misry i caused on that forum post. i am just wondering if anyone has played hi res files through the zeppelin, i have michael jackson's thriller album in hi res tracks over 3000 kbps and it's sounds exceptional compared to the normal thriller wav files. i love my zeppelin all over again.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
ontheline said:

anyone else hear the difference?

The bigger question is whether it's from the same Master....if it isn't, then it is hard to pin down whether the improvement is down to mastering, or bit rate, or both.

It's a problem that has excercised the minds of this forum on more than one occasion.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Your computer will stream a hi-res file though probably not in iTunes. Whether the Zeppeling will play it or not is down to the capabilities of its usb input, it should tell you in the specs/manual.

Your hi-res files may well sound better than standard versions of the albums, but the higher bit-rate is not the reason.

This difference will be down to superior production, mainly mastering, something the record companies could have done in the first place with the CD standard release but couldn't be @rsed.

Paying more for hi-res material just encourages record companies to continue ripping off the music buying public.

ontheline

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
i have only bought and will be only buying the one album in hi res that being my favourite album thriller. i purchased that from qobuz uk and the download now appers in my itunes library so playing the tracks through the zep the tracks do sound warmer and more realistic to a studio master quite like you hear on playing a vinyl record. i wouldn't purchase any more tho although the difference especially to the background noises and echo's are quite brilliant.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
The important point to realise is that the record company could have made the album sound that good on the standard CD quality release, but didn't.

Ie; they deliberately allowed the recording to be produced and sold at a lower quality level and now they are charging you again to get the sound quality that you should have had with the original CD release.

ontheline

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
davedotco said:
The important point to realise is that the record company could have made the album sound that good on the standard CD quality release, but didn't.

Ie; they deliberately allowed the recording to be produced and sold at a lower quality level and now they are charging you again to get the sound quality that you should have had with the original CD release.

yeah your right. i have over 6000 songs in my itunes library but it's worth it for 1 album, it's nice to hear the difference on your favourite tracks but as you said.. that quality should have been there before, but it was really just a tester. not worth paying £15+ songs in the key of life - stevie wonder is nearly £20, but it good to hear the difference without any actual hi res equipment.

ontheline

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
i have attempted to play my music from itunes through the zep through USB but i can only seem to get the music playing through airplay. i have done what it sats in the manual by holding the alt key and choosing zep as output which i have done, the sound from the imac plays through the speaker like on you tube videos etc, but when i go into itunes and try playing a song through USB it doesn't work? any ideas.? obviously what i thought was me playing through USB is not the case as when i pulled the USB out the zep was still playing so it's been playing through airplay and not usb which i am trying to do however i can't seem to get it playing through USB. the zep device only seems to appear when i hold the alt key when the zep light is on green, once the tick is next to the zep device selected the sound comes through the speaker on USB through the sound on websites etc like youtube but when i try going into itunes and playing a song it comes up waiting for airplay devices then it appears the device is not available. ? im so stuck.

ontheline

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
ontheline said:
i have attempted to play my music from itunes through the zep through USB but i can only seem to get the music playing through airplay. i have done what it sats in the manual by holding the alt key and choosing zep as output which i have done, the sound from the imac plays through the speaker like on you tube videos etc, but when i go into itunes and try playing a song through USB it doesn't work? any ideas.? obviously what i thought was me playing through USB is not the case as when i pulled the USB out the zep was still playing so it's been playing through airplay and not usb which i am trying to do however i can't seem to get it playing through USB. the zep device only seems to appear when i hold the alt key when the zep light is on green, once the tick is next to the zep device selected the sound comes through the speaker on USB through the sound on websites etc like youtube but when i try going into itunes and playing a song it comes up waiting for airplay devices then it appears the device is not available. ? im so stuck.

i found how to do it, i had to choose mulitple from the itunes screen.

TRENDING THREADS