Any Monitor Audio RS6 Owners

The Mad One

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Although I'm very happy with my set-up I'm interested to know how the RS6's would sound in my current system.

im basically looking for a tad more bass and looking at reviews i think the ma's mind be the perfect choice.

from what I've read in the reviews/forums over the years MA and ARCAM are a good match.

Am i wasting my time with such an ageing pair of speakers or should i spent more on a more modern pair to match my my Amp? which by the way is probably the best Amp I've ever owned its just so musical.

regards

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
If you replace the LS50s for the RS6 I think you'll regret.

I had the RS6 for a few years, and they do what they do well but LS50 beaters ?

has your amp got a sub out socket ?

OMG :doh:

Hate replying to threads like these. Yes, the RS6s are fabulous speakers with Arcam (lost count the amount of times I've recommended this combo), but... whether the LS50s have the all-round game or not I would say probably yes.

Without any question, if you're looking at bigger bass and improved performance I'd seriously look at Totem Arros, PMC GB1is. So I'd suggest looking more expensive options than the RS6s.

This is just a very honest view... the RS6s IMO is still one of the best sub-£1000 floorstanders, as long as your room acoustics are up to scratch.

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
I suspect you'd gain bass, but lose out in other areas. I second the idea of adding a sub.

For what it's worth (perhaps not much really), I feel that my PMC DB1i plus a sub outperformed the RX6 and RX8. It gave better basss performance (more depth) while maintaining the strengths of the DB1i in the treble and midrange which were superior to the MAs to begin with. I have no sub or pre out, but I use my sub with high level connections.

As always, an audition will help you work out what is best for you.

Not sure how they compare pricewise, but I'd also consider Kef's R series (R300 upwards).

Crocodile

Jan 15, 2009
Visit site
Seems to be plenty of supply & demand on Ebay so the best answer may be you buy a pair. If they don't work for you then you should be able to resell with little loss. They do need a decent amount of room around them though to avoid boom, even with the bungs.

The Mad One

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your replies so far.

just a couple of things

1: I've moved the speakers back a bit and I'm not using the bungs and the bass has improved a little
2: im not really interested in using a sub I've used em in the past and just didn't like the sound
3: im currently watching a few MA RS6 on ebay and i might have a cheeky bid and see what happens

can anyone tell how much i would have to spend to improve on the LS50s stand mound speakers preferred really

thanks

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
The Mad One said:
Can anyone tell how much i would have to spend to improve on the LS50s stand mound speakers preferred really thanks?

This is very personal.

IMO. You can improve on different aspects (like bass), but to get something that is better overall in a Standmount speaker, you may be looking a 3x the money (provided the room isn't too big).

As you can see, I was very impressed.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts