Any hi-fi shops that offer Part Exchange?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am looking to upgrade from an Arcam Solo Music (15 months old excellent condition) to an Arcam Solo Movie 2:1. Does anyone know of any hi fi shops that offer part exchange or will it have to be ebay? Thank you.

A

Anonymous

markkharper:I live in between Birmingham and Worcester.

You must live next door to me then!

My experience of local dealers isn't that great for px I'm afraid. If you're not in a hurry why not move yours on and use the cash to negotiate or buy second hand?

Good luck.

SHAXOS

Feb 11, 2008
Visit site
No point at all in a part ex deal other than convenience. The prices the hi fi shops will offer will be ridiculous and its always better to sell privatly.

T

the record spot

Not worth it in the long run; you'll get caned for the dealer's offer and the VAT which he needs to take into account. Sell via Gumtree or the free hifi listing services out there (there are several) or Ebay if you want a big audience and can take the fees hit (assume 10% all in if you add up initial listing, Ebay seller fee and PayPal handling fee, though you can always ask for cash oncollection or cheques as cheaper alternatives).

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Dealers also have to offer at least a 3 month warranty, which will be at the expense of the dealer should anything go wrong. Also, the dealer has to sell the used item at a very attractive price, which is a lot lower than it was 10-15 years ago due to stupid bargains you can now get online. Add to that the VAT as record spot mentions and you'll more than likely not get quite what you expect. We'd always recommend selling privately as that way you'll get more for it than you would part ex'ing.

We have a second hand board in store for those wishing to sell their items privately, which is free for all to add to.

TRENDING THREADS