Any good speakers for Kenwood R-K711?

chris_9

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys,

I purchased a Kenwood R-k711 CD receiver weeks ago. I am looking for a good pair of speakers to hook it up with.

I listen to pop and rock most of the times. Budget is around ~600USD and I am going for the second hand route due to the tight budget.

Some people suggested KEF 30's, CodaIII, etc as they have high sensitivity so would be very easy to drive.

I have no experience with KEF yet I love Tannoy as my cousin used to own a pair and they sound so sweet in pitch and mid tone.

Kenwood r-k711 spec: http://www.kenwood.eu/products/home/systems/compact_component/K-711-B/details/

THanks

Chris

KidKomet

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I've not had any experience with that Kenwood so I can't be certain but if you like the Tannoy sound, you may want to demo the DC4 or the signature 4's. The Q Acoustics concept 20 speakers might also be worth a listen!

KidKomet

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Thinking about it, those speakers may be overkill for the amp in that Kenwood but again I've not had any experience with it so I can't be sure. Might be best to take your receiver to a dealers and see if you can demo some speakers with it. It's early on a Monday, I'm not lucid yet ha.

chris_9

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
KidKomet said:
Thinking about it, those speakers may be overkill for the amp in that Kenwood but again I've not had any experience with it so I can't be sure. Might be best to take your receiver to a dealers and see if you can demo some speakers with it. It's early on a Monday, I'm not lucid yet ha.

Hello,

Thanks for suggestions and I am thinking the same. My Kenwood only has 30W effective output at 6ohms. Considering Tannoy speakers are mostly low in sensitivity, other brands such as KEF I guess would be a better choice.

Thanks

Chris

KidKomet

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Of course if out-right volume is high up on your priorities, you're going to need a more sensitive speakers. Even the Monitor Audio RX2's might be worth a look if you can find a good pair second hand!

TRENDING THREADS