admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
of rega r5 and r7 speakers??

what do you think of them in general and have you listened to them loud over period of time? Any views welcome.

thanks

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
try shouting drummerman
emotion-2.gif
seriously though, don't know if it's possible but you could look in the avi adm9 thread and try clicking on drummermans name and browse his posts until you find some about rega's. or wait. from his description they seem like excellent speakers but haven't heard myself.

A

Anonymous

i heard the 5's the other day and thought they sounded amazing (especially playing leftfield song for life, which was a proper goose bump and big grin moment!) but they hurt/ fatigued my ears when turned up whereas a softer speaker didnt (i used to DJ and my ears are sadly quite sensitive now). I would be very intrested to hear others views on these speakers as there is not much info around. I have found reviews in the stereo times on line and the guy absolutely gushes about the 7's (will have to give them a test now too!). Im also wondering what they would be like in a harder environment to that of the soft auditioning room.

Thanks for your reply.

A

Anonymous

so maybe drummerman can recommend what av amp would do the rega's justice?

Myabe i will get shot for suggesting an AV amp but its all going to be part of my home enetertainment system which includes movies.

Depending on how things go, and when i have enough oney, i may incorporate a dedicated amp.

Thanks guys.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
The Rega speakers are excellent. They definitely have something other manufacturers don't at the same price point, but I wouldn't say they're a speaker that's designed to be heard at their best when played loud as they're more of a hi-fi speaker. I wouldn't say anything other than the Arcam AV amps are going to do them justice, as many AV amps that lean to the brighter side of neutral are going to make them sound too 'toppy'.

Feel free to use an AV amp as a temporary measure, but they really do need a good quality hi-fi amplifier to get wgat they're about.

A

Anonymous

Everything I know about Rega speakers is that they are very good indeed for the money but may seem a little bright if partnered with bright side of neutral kit. My friend's R5s with the Mira3 and Apollo sounded absolutely superb, but when trying the 5s on my Rotel and Kandy CDP, things got a bit harsh (in my room).

Perhaps look to partner the R5s with a Rega amp as a starting point.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts