Any dealers

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Hi are there any dealers on here who has in stock a marantz pearl lit or someone who wants to sell one It needs to be a mint one if someone has one for sale secondhand as long as has no chips or not been scratched been looking on eBay for ages for one as they seem to come up for sale very often and the amp has been discounted .thanks

D

Deleted member 108165

Blacksabbath25 said:
Hi are there any dealers on here who has in stock a marantz pearl lit or someone who wants to sell one It needs to be a mint one if someone has one for sale secondhand as long as has no chips or not been scratched been looking on eBay for ages for one as they seem to come up for sale very often and the amp has been discounted .thanks

Before I bought my Pearl Lites I had a PM/CD6004 running through MA BX2's, then BX5's, then RX2's. I had of course contracted that terrible upgraditis bug and liking the Marantz sound and aesthetics I went for the Pearl Lites as an obvious upgrade path for amp and cdp. However, this did not bring the night/day significant change I was expecting and I remember being distinctly underwhelmed with my purchase at the time, (using RX2's with the Pearl lites). What sealed it for me was the eventual purchase of some PMC DB1's; these little speakers changed everything for me. Now whether the 6004 would have had enough grunt to control the PMC's I will never know as I didn't get the chance to try it out before giving my 6004 system to my sister.

This is only my experience and I am sure others will have a different take on it. All I am saying is that it was a change of speakers that eventually did it for me. See if anywhere will let you demo a PM8005 as they are near as dammit the same amp.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
stevee1966 said:
Just did a quick internet search and seems to be plenty of PM8005 available @ £649.
whos got one in stock ? as i looked at sevenoaks and richer sounds and did not seem have one in and richer sounds told me they can not get hold of one even though they are still showing them on there site but thanks for looking .

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
stevee1966 said:
Just did a quick internet search and seems to be plenty of PM8005 available @ £649.
whos got one in stock ? as i looked at sevenoaks and richer sounds and did not seem have one in and richer sounds told me they can not get hold of one even though they are still showing them on there site but thanks for looking .

Just put into your search engine pm8005 and you should get a few results, even Amazon has one left in stock fullfilled by Peter Tyson - maybe best to give them a call (Peter Tyson) to check.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Don't know where you're not looking, if you Google Marantz PM8005 there's a truck load of traders still offering it, typically for £649, though of course as with everything else you can't guarantee they've actually got it. Websites have a convenient habit of being out of date and you only find out they're 'waiting for more stock' after you've placed your order.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
what about the cambridge cxa80 ? as i can only afford to change the amp at this time so will have to keep using my dalis for now and cd player . i did get a demo on the cambridge cxa80 and i did like its sound and did think it was better then the arcam a19 but i thought that the a29 was better but the trouble is they both do not sound that good with dalis 3s and think thats were the trouble lies is my dalis 3s and everyone i talk to says arcam a19 . i am using the arcam ir dac into my cd player which i have just got and still have time to take it back and add that to the money to get a arcam a29 but will sound rubbish with the dalis 3s unless the irdac will inprove things for now an till i can afford to change the dalis 3s

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Best advice I can give you is take your existing amp and speakers to a dealer and listen to what difference you will get from moving up a grade. If you don't hear much of a difference keep your money. At the moment you appear to be looking for an excuse to change just for change's sake (I don't mean that as an insult).

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
MajorFubar said:
Best advice I can give you is take your existing amp and speakers to a dealer and listen to what difference you will get from moving up a grade. If you don't hear much of a difference keep your money. At the moment you appear to be looking for an excuse to change just for change's sake (I don't mean that as an insult).
no its ok have heard my cd player and speakers with a a19 - a29 acam amps but its my speakers letting them amps down but i only have a buget of £1000 to change the amp or the speakers as i just do not want to wast my money on upgrading to something that sounds the same but been told by the sales man that i would be better if i changed the amp for a acam and then get better speakers at a later date as the last thing i want to do is to be a fool and his money

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
no its ok have heard my cd player and speakers with a a19 - a29 acam amps but its my speakers letting them amps down but i only have a buget of £1000 to change the amp or the speakers as i just do not want to wast my money on upgrading to something that sounds the same but been told by the sales man that i would be better if i changed the amp for a acam and then get better speakers at a later date as the last thing i want to do is to be a fool and his money

Fair shout but I still think you'd do no harm to try your existing amp with the different speakers

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
MajorFubar said:
Blacksabbath25 said:

Fair shout but I still think you'd do no harm to try your existing amp with the different speakers
i just brought the marantz pm 8005 brand new black one for £600 which is £45 cheaper then anywere and i do like the sound that the marantz gives out and plus for now it will work well with my dalis ok and dac which i like

philpot1001

May 28, 2015
Visit site
is it me or has the price of the PM8005 gone up £50 recently, im sure about 2 weeks ago they were retailing at £599 everywhere? Or am i imagining it? Guess they are becoming more popular

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
philpot1001 said:
is it me or has the price of the PM8005 gone up £50 recently, im sure about 2 weeks ago they were retailing at £599 everywhere? Or am i imagining it? Guess they are becoming more popular
i just got mine from harrow hi fi but had to go though amazon to buy it they were selling them for £599 but if you go on the harrow site they are selling for £645 which is strange but mine was £599 with free post its a top amp really pleased with it much better then my old marantz pm6005 i did try to order one though richer sounds but got told they could not get anymore ? not sure way maybe they wanted me to spend more then £600 but at the end of the day the marantz pm8005 was a £1000 when it first came out so its a good deal

philpot1001

May 28, 2015
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
philpot1001 said:
i just got mine from harrow hi fi but had to go though amazon to buy it they were selling them for £599 but if you go on the harrow site they are selling for £645 which is strange but mine was £599 with free post its a top amp really pleased with it much better then my old marantz pm6005 i did try to order one though richer sounds but got told they could not get anymore ? not sure way maybe they wanted me to spend more then £600 but at the end of the day the marantz pm8005 was a £1000 when it first came out so its a good deal

It is tempting at £599 for sure, i just wont have the funds for a few months yet....im also toying with an Abrhamsen, undecided at the mo.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts