Anti-OLED Samsung is about to start selling its own OLED TVs – pass the popcorn

abacus

OLED & QLED each have their own advantages and disadvantages, however they are both rubbish when it comes to replicating what you see in the real world, hopefully QOLED will give us the best of both worlds so that we finally have a TV that has a picture that looks like the real world rather than an apology.

Bill

HIFI_name

Apr 11, 2021
Visit site
'hugely overblown'.... I shake my head when I see comments like these, because it encourages ppl to buy OLED thinking it's not a problem. TBH, maybe LG have solved the burn in problem with newer models... But 2017/18 models will last about 12 months before an image will be burnt in permanently. Maybe it's the Netflix logo, or perhaps the sunrise logo - but your tv will start to retain images after about 12 months, regardless of how many times you run that pixel refresher, and you will be able to see the burnt-in images in normal viewing, particularly when orange, red, or grey colour/images are being displayed on screen.

Fairplay the LG though. I'm on my third screen in three years, at no cost. After 12 months or so, when images start to be retained on screen, I shoot LG an email and they send someone out within a week or two to replace the screen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 2457
Apr 12, 2021
Visit site
2019+ LG Oleds do not have burn in issues like previous discussed. However, keeping an static image on screen for hours like 8+ hours will result in damage to any display really. However, who does that. I game by way of PC with a 2019 model and it is 2021 no issues with burn in and I have a UI and HUD for a game I play 6+ Hours, however, I do variant my gaming experience since one game for 4-6 hours can get tiresome, so I change to a new game. WIth oled light all the way to 100 all times and with HDR gaming same. Again no retention or image burn in. To each their own. I use my oled of gaming, movies, anime and I LOVE OLEDs.

D

Deleted member 2457

'hugely overblown'.... I shake my head when I see comments like these, because it encourages ppl to buy OLED thinking it's not a problem. TBH, maybe LG have solved the burn in problem with newer models... But 2017/18 models will last about 12 months before an image will be burnt in permanently. Maybe it's the Netflix logo, or perhaps the sunrise logo - but your tv will start to retain images after about 12 months, regardless of how many times you run that pixel refresher, and you will be able to see the burnt-in images in normal viewing, particularly when orange, red, or grey colour/images are being displayed on screen.

Fairplay the LG though. I'm on my third screen in three years, at no cost. After 12 months or so, when images start to be retained on screen, I shoot LG an email and they send someone out within a week or two to replace the screen.
Just what we do too, give LG a call and they sort it. Worth the hassle in my opinion.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts