Another speaker upgrade.....

SteveR750

I am thinking of upgrading my speakers (see the current system in my signature). The Linn is leaving soon, as I recently lost all my vinyl collection in a house flood, and the thought of trying to rebuild it is too time consuming to contemplate. The Cyrus and the K2 have replaced a NAD 352 and 542, but the speakers have remained unchanged. I would like something that perhaps will be more detailed, with a better attack and timing than the B&W's though they are far from being slow and ponderous. However, I dont even have a shortlist of what to try to audition.

My room is about 15ft square with one corner forming the stairs / cupboard so its a very shallow L shape. I listen to mainly rock music, but have a few classical and opera in there too. I guess I'd not want to spend more than about £800, so any suggestions to add to a shortlist would be welcome!

The obvious choice is the Roksan Kandy K2 speakers. They retail around £800.00 + add extra £120 or so for decent stands. others you might consider are the new Dynaudio DM range - WHFI tested the entry-level speaker in their latest edition (May) RRP just under £500.

B&W are producing some really good loudspeakers in their new CM range - Epos is another speaker which has a good sonic chemistry with Roksan and Cyrus - with the exception of the K2's, they all come well inside your budget.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts