Another DacMagic question

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Looking at the DacMagic specs I saw that you could only use one of the inputs on each pair.
"Important Note: Only connect one co-axial OR optical cable to each digital input. The
unit will not operate if both connections are made (even if only one is active)."

I fail to see why this should be the case, maybe someone could explain. My reasoning says that if one input is NOT active then the other should work OK.

If this is in fact correct then you only have a choice of 2 possible inputs....plus USB...which isnt enough.

Thanks

knacker

Dec 19, 2007
Visit site
I think what they mean by that is that there are 2 digital inputs and BOTH have coax & optical connections ie Input 1 has a coax & optical input and so does Input 2.

I do love my DAC magic as it really has improved the sound of my Apple Lossless files and my Rotel RCD965BX to no end

John Duncan

Nope, if you have two connected, it works to begin with, then when you try to feed it another signal, it cuts off the first one, gets confused, and the only way to get it back is to unplug and plug in again.

If it doesn't have enough inputs, then maybe buy one that does?

A

Anonymous

JohnDuncan:

Thats what I am going to have to do............any suitable suggestions around the DacMagics price range?

John Duncan

raym87:
JohnDuncan:

Thats what I am going to have to do............any suitable suggestions around the DacMagics price range?

Two Beresfords. Seriously.

a.g.

May 30, 2008
Visit site
raym87:
Looking at the DacMagic specs I saw that you could only use one of the inputs on each pair.

I fail to see why this should be the case, maybe someone could explain. My reasoning says that if one input is NOT active then the other should work OK.

Your reasoning is correct, as long as the two sources are not both active then you can plug both coax and optical into the same input number. Ignore the manual!

John Duncan

a.g.:raym87:

Your reasoning is correct, as long as the two sources are not both active then you can plug both coax and optical into the same input number. Ignore the manual!

But as soon as you turn the other one on, it stops working, so don't ignoe the manual.........

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts