another crossover question

micks_address

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Hi folks,

I have a Denon 3310 with monitor audio speakers - R225 HDs for left/centre/right rsw12 for sub and R90hds for surrounds.

I ran Audessy last week and it set all my speakers to 'small' which i'd expect and set the crossover to '60' for all the speakers. Am i right in thinking that it means that all frequncies below 60 hz are now being sent to my sub?

I've read a lot that recommended crossover settings are 80 - 100.. should i just leave them at 60 or is it a case of what sounds best is grand? It does seem a little 'bass' heavy when listening to music at the moment.. the sub is set to -9 and half volume.. should low pass filter be in/out on the sub?

Cheers,
Mick

ric71

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Mick,
I had an identical system to you.Manually cross all speakers to 90 or 100 hz which ever sounds best.I ran at 100hz.Then set the low pass filter for the sub to 120hz as the .1 track contains info up to 120hz.
Play some bass heavy music that you know well and tweak the subs volume from the 3310 to suit.Your system is great for both movies and music.
If you are getting boom with the sub try an Antimode 8033c sub eq!!

ric71

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Meant to add turn the cross over on the actual sub to max to bypass it.The 3310 will do the cross overs.The low pass filter is I believe in the bass management menu.

Dermondo

Oct 4, 2009
Visit site
I had the same issue to a certain degree, autoset up set crossover & LFE low, I changed the crossover to 90hz and LFE to 120, I prefered these settings and it produced a more cleaner sound with less localised boom.

micks_address

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
hi guys, there are two cross over settings on the receiver.. one for the speakers.. which i've set to 90hz and then there's an LFE crossover thats at 120hz.. is that about right?

A

Anonymous

These need to match otherwise there will be a 30Hz gap, either both 90 or both 120.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts