Anime thread?

Paul.

Ive noticed we don’t seem to have an Anime thread on this site.

I have been an Anime fan since seeing Laputa for the first time when I was a wee lad, as a sci fi fan I genuinely believe anime is where a lot of the best content is. I have just signed up to Crunchyroll (Netflix for anime fans) mainly because Netflix doesn't have Sword Art Online season 2 and have been very impressed.

Any one have any recommendations for what to watch next? Im a bit out of date with modern anime but have watched Attack on Titan and SAO.

Thanks!

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
I have passed this on to Miss Cno (due to not having a clue), who has come up with the following:

- Akame ga kill

- Death note

- Higurashi no naku koro ni

- Elfen lied

Please enjoy!

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I haven't really followed new Anime over the past 5 years or so, but I do like the following:

Wonderful Days (Sky Blue)

Ninja Scroll

Blood: The Last Vampre

Appleseed

Hellsing series

And I do like Ghost In The Shell - would make a great live action film!

Paul.

David@FrankHarvey said:
I haven't really followed new Anime over the past 5 years or so, but I do like the following:

Wonderful Days (Sky Blue)

Ninja Scroll

Blood: The Last Vampre

Appleseed

Hellsing series

And I do like Ghost In The Shell - would make a great live action film!

Im a lot more familar with these, I oviously had a lot more time on my hands 5 years ago :) It does seem odd that both Hellsing and Full Metal Alchemist have been rebooted already...

Never seen Sky Blue, did you ever watch Perfect Blue?

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Not really aware of Anime series but there's quite a few films I like.

Obviously, Spirited Away is up there, but who hasn't seen it ?

Kikis Delivery Service & Howls Movng Castle are excellent, and I really liked the anime Metropolis which I really should watch again.

Paul.

I just finished watching Steins Gate last night, absolutely incredible. You know when you watch or read something so very good you actually feel a little empty when it's over? Best time travel related plot I've ever seen animated or not. Its could end up being my favourite anime full stop.

Watched Fate Zero recently, that was pretty top notch too. Fate Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works was visually spectacular, but quite shallow and Shonen-y. Fate Zero was darker than game of thrones in places!

gave Sidonia a punt based on reviews, found it pretty two dimensional (excuse the pun)

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I've downloaded a great app called Just Watch on the iPad. You put in a film/tv and it tells you where you download or stream it from. Steins Gate only available on Netflix.

D

Deleted member 188533

Since you're the OP I'll allow it. :)

Not mentioned, the Dragon Ball series ( even the non canon GT ). Mobile Suit Gundam, Galaxy Express 999 and Grave of the Fireflies.

D

Deleted member 2457

Mysterious Cities of Gold was the best! Still got my DVDs.

Paul.

5nerkip.jpg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts