Andy Clough, 1962-2020

D

Deleted member 116933

Very sad news, my heart goes out to you all.

tim_hashstar

Sep 30, 2020
Visit site
Deeply sorry to hear of Andy's passing. I was part of the editorial team at What Hi-Fi? when 'Cloughie' became Editor in the late 1990s, after he'd moved across from another Haymarket magazine to be Deputy Ed when Jez Ford was at the helm. (As I recall, at some point prior to that, Andy had been the Editor of CD-i, a magazine dedicated to Philips' disc format of the same name.)

All that you have said in your tribute to him rings 100% true. A lovely, lovely man who was a friend as much as a boss to his team members. He was steeped in 'magazine craft', handled industry politics adroitly and was always a pleasure to chat with. He will be missed by many.

Tonestar1

Sorry to read this news. My deepest condolences to his family, friends and colleagues. I enjoyed reading his articles in the mag and his contributions to the forum back in the day, as I'm sure many others did. RIP Andy.

scene

So sorry to hear this sad news. My condolences to all his family, friends and colleagues. Always helpful on the forums, great articles in the mag, and gone way too soon. RIP Andy.

Jez Ford

Oct 1, 2020
Visit site
With Tim, I was at What HiFi? with Andy in the 1990s, when we were bringing all the writing in-house and building listening rooms and setting up a style and workflow for the magazine which Andy, Ketan, Jonathan, Joe and the rest of the current team has maintained and evolved ever since. I miss him as a friend and a consummate colleague, fine dinner party host, generous lender of his Buxton getaway (with vinyl system, natch); we never lost contact, and l shall miss him greatly. Love to all of you back in the UK.

Reactions: tim_hashstar

James JF

Oct 1, 2020
Visit site
It fills us with great sadness to hear this news and we our pass condolences to Andy's family, friends and colleagues.
Andy was a truly great guy who cared passionately about music, the equipment manufacturers make to play it on, and of course quality journalism to communicate the experience. The tribute here sums him up to a t.
He will be greatly missed by all of us at Cambridge Audio. Rest in peace, Andy.
James and the team.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
So sad to see this - I was fortunate to meet Andy on a number of occasions within WHF offices / events and at the awards ceremonies and he was a lovely, genuine man. I send my deepest sympathies out to his family and all the people who worked with him at WHF towers over the years xx

Reactions: bigboss

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
So sorry to hear this. From the few interactions i've had with him on the old forum, he was a really great guy. He contributed so much to the look and feel of the magazine, a very sad loss. Deepest condolences to his family and those who knew him well.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts