Android Honeycombe / Wireless rDAC

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am thinking of buying into the concept of CD less digital audio. Motorola are bringing out a tablet wi fi enabled with Android Honeycombe support. Using a touch screen I could play any music I like from the comfort of my armchair. Indeed Google are soon to bring out their own music service in competion with iTunes.Has anybody got an idea as to the quality of sound I would get from the rDAC. It would be fed into my current Cyrus 8vs amplifier with Dynaudio 2/7s ?

oldric_naubhoff

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
don't want to dampen your enthusiasm for wireless connectivity but (just in case you don't realise what you're after) wireless rDAC doesn't use wi-fi to communicate with a computer. it needs its own sender attached to a USB socket on your PC. it's called rWAVE. so in the end you're paying GBP 75 extra for the wireless version of the rDAC and on top of that you need to fork out another GBP 80 for the dongle. is this convenience worth GBP 150 more? you need to answer that question yourself...

A

Anonymous

I just like the idea of accessing an entire music library from the comfort of my own armchair. Call me lazy.

Superaintit

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
It's a tempting proposition to go wireless, but if you do it, for heaven's sake don't go for the Rdac. I'm a happy owner of said dac and have previously owned a Cyrus dac. They are as far apart as you can get with dacs.

If you like the Cyrus sound, stay with Cyrus. I understand they have a great range of amps with dac in them. In your shoes I would go for that in stead.
smiley-laughing.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts