andrew needed

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Andrew has been having a well-deserved break...but he's back soon, people!

In the meantime, i can tell you we gave the AudioLab 8000CD four stars back in November 2005, when it cost £600, describing it as open and dynamic-sounding, with plenty of power on tap.

A mere £100-off doesn't sound a great deal two years on, especially when there are so many other talented players around that price point. But it's a fine player, so putting it on your audition list would be a grand plan...

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Sex, Clare got a point there mate (although I am not sure why CD palyer have plenty of power on tap) but if you can get a ex-demo sample for around £350 then it would be more of a bargain. I would stick with what you got for now, imo.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="sex"]hi dear andrew are u familiar with the audiolab 8000cd and is it good ?is it good for £499.95 ? ta stefano[/quote]

Nice to be needed...

IMHO it's a very good player and well worth a listen - even if, as Clare mentioned, there are some less expensive machines snapping at its heels. And you can find ex-dem examples for as little as £299 with minimal Googlage.

A

Anonymous

andrew would it make sense to get the 8000cd ( second hand ,new, ex demo or watever) if a was to also get the audiolab 8000q pre amp

A

Anonymous

ex dem and second hand would have less warranty and cd players have moving bits that are easy to break but new its not worth £500

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="sex"]ex dem and second hand would have less warranty and cd players have moving bits that are easy to break but new its not worth £500[/quote]
Ha ha....knowing you it wouldn't have a chance to break as you will upgrade again next month!

A

Anonymous

no i will not as im working thowards a sistem that will make me happy and that i wont need to upgade just wanna get it right thats y i ask so many questions

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
have a look at my signature! I am sure you heard "dog chasing it's own tail" expression. I like your signature though and totally agree, it's all about music!

A

Anonymous

TRUTH IS I LISTEN TO LOTS OF HEAVI METAL MOST OF TIMES AND RERST OF TIMES I WILL VARY FROM VIVALDI TO NORA JONES OR ERIC CLAPTON SO I WANT A SISTEM WITH LOTS OF POWER AND AUTORITY ,DECENT DITAIL AND SOUND STAGE I DONT NEED A SUPER HI-FI TOP OF THE RANGE JUST WANT SOMETHING THAT GIVES ME THE OPTION TO TURN THE VOLUME UP AN HAVE ALL THE POWER I NEED WITH NO DISTORTION BUT STILL BE ABLE TO EAR THE DETAIL IN THE CARMINA BURANA OR THE SOLO IN DAMAGE INC. SO FAR ONLY ONE AMP IS GIVEN ME THAT AND ITS THE NAD C272 NOW ILL THRY THE 8000P AND SEE HOW IT GOES

A

Anonymous

Is there a back catalogue of review results? I was just interested in what was said about the kit i have or wheter it was reviewed at all?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Er, it's called the Buyer's Guide, and it's in the back of the mag every issue....!

Ah, but you probably mean discontinued kit we no longer list - let me know and i'll consult BGs from issues past.

Long-term aim is to get some kind of archive online, BTW.

A

Anonymous

As said already, it would be soooooooooooooooooooo useful. WHFSV verdicts are the benchmark / bible of all ratings.

A

Anonymous

I do, very often, refer to the Buyer's Guide, and have come to know my way round it, better than I know the area I live in. Most of my kit is really old, so it's not there. But I would like to know what was thought of my kit, back in the day.

Sony DVP-NS900V,
Sony STR-DB930,
Technics SL-BD22,

Thanks Clare, would appreciate not being spoken to like a NOOB though.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
No worries. I wasn't intending to treat you like a NOOB, honest - it was just joshing re the BG.

And as i've posted elsewhere, we're SOOOOOO busy at the moment, my answers here are tending towards the brusque as i'm trying to pack in more fact, less chat....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts