Analogue TV through a digital aerial

dave63

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
My partner has recently moved into a new house which has a digital aerial installed. She gets SD freeview through her Sony DCD R100 DVD recorder and at her previous address (which had an analogue aerial) was able to view the analogue signal through her tv while recording another channel on freeview, When you select an analogue channel on her tv at her new home on the tv, you simply get a blank screen with the message'no signal' Can anyone out there please confirm whether or not it is a fact that if you have a digital aerial you will not receive an analogue signal, only a digital one. I fear this may sound like a silly question but it is a real pain to only be able to watch what you record and if there is a way you can get around this and obtain the analogue tv signal through a digital aerial I'd be grateful to hear it.

Thanks

daveh75

There is no such thing as a 'digital' aerial!!!

If you are receiving Freeview channels ok, then you should pick up the analogue channels (assuming the TX hasn't ceased analogue broadcasts)

It's more likely that your partner has either moved to an area thats DSO'd or receiving signals from a different tx and you'll need to re-tune the analogue channels.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts