an av amp with pc connectivity???

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
the onk's sound like the av's to go for ! but can i link them to my pc ? my pc has a creative blaster sound card xtreme with 7.1 surround . the yamaha rx-n600d(£600) is said to have a pc in, is this what i need? i know it has no thx capabititys like the onk's . but the only thing i can find whith thx and pc in is the marantz sr900 but thats 2&1/2 grand which is out of my price range ?? i can go as high as 1 g, as i still need speakers !!!!

can anyone help ? or even know what i'm going on about ?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
AFAIK, the Yamaha has only stereo input from a PC, and if you want to take advantage of the 7.1-channel soundcard you'll need to connect it to the amp using either a set of analogue hook-ups, if your soundcard provides them, or a digital connection.

Most AV receivers have a multichannel analogue input - including the Onkyo - and all have digital audio inputs.

A

Anonymous

Andrew is right, as always. But, I wouldn't bother with using the pre-decoded signal from the sound card, as decoders in the receiver will be better quality. I have tried both methods on my SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS, and the best by far is using a mono3.5mm to RCA cable into a receiver's digital coax input.

A

Anonymous

When you do that, do remember to turn off the soundcard's decoder.

A

Anonymous

ah ! so the onk's are good to go . so why do some amps have a pc in then ? is it just to run sound with out going through the sound card ? sorry i'm a bit of a novice (for novice also see idiot) . and i don't know if you had seen my previous posting' but i have a pair of castle harlec floor standers. can i incorperate these in to a speaker set up for surround sound ,or would i be better of going for an all in one speaker package. i have about 2 g for amp speakers and cables . PS; tanks for the help so far ..... mark .

A

Anonymous

TBQH I have no idea why some amps have all these inputs, a lot of them seem to contradict ezch other if you know what i mean. Getting speakers to merge well with the Castles will be quite a job. I would recommend getting out there and having a listen for yourself.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts