Amplifier upgrade Nad c326bee to Yamaha A-s500 ?

nickd34

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
What upgrade ?.

I have the following:

Nad C545bee connected with a QED performance coaxial digital lead.

Cambridge Dacmagic conneected with a Chord chrimson audio lead.

Nad C326bee connected with QED silver anniversary xt cable

Keff IQ5se

I am looking to upgrade my system probably with a new amp (yamaha A-S500 or Rotel RA 1520), can you recommend anything else that will go with the system ?. I have budget of up to £750.

Also how would you improve the system ?.

Many thanks

matthewpiano

The AS-500, excellent though I'm sure it is, is likely to be too much of a sideways move from your NAD. You need to be looking at the next level up in my opinion, hence the Rotel would be much more of an upgrade. However, you need to think about the sort of sound you want to achieve. The ideal amp I would recommend as a huge upgrade on your NAD without throwing away its qualities but adding to them, would be the Arcam A18. It pairs exceptionally well with KEF speakers and should be on your audition list. Likewise I would suggest hearing the Creek Evolution 2.

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
I also think that the A-S500 is worth investigating.

Whatever amp you choose.......you will definitely get a better bass. That bass of the C326 is not normal.

T

the record spot

Yes, other brands are out there...! And I would be inclined to pitch my sights higher. XTZ offer a lot of amp for the money, Arcam's A18 or better still, their used A85 and a matching P85 power amp would give you plenty of oomph and for similar money, perhaps a little less. But you ideally need to have a look and see what amps will provide a good partnership for your set-up.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts