Amplifier required

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I would like to use my Celestion Ditton 44 Speakers (c1975), set six feet apart behind the TV, in the corner of the room, to improve the sound of my new Samsung LE40C750 TV, and Blu-Ray BD-C5900.

So I assume that I need a good inexpensive Amplifier with remote control, which will link up with this equipment (my old Pioneer SX-525 Amplifier is no longer up to the job).

However, it seems that there are no Amplifiers available that will accept the TV's optical audio outlet, and I assume that the TV's headphone socket would not do the job.

I am not looking for the sort of Big booming sound which I understand Home Cinema provides; just an Amp which will provide sensitive Stereo Hi Fi with good definition. I would like a recommendation, and also some advice as to the best way to connect all of the equipment for optimum result.

I am linking into the system a Sony RDR-HXD710 DVD RECORDER; an old VCR, and hope to be able to connect to my Netgear Wireless router by adding a wireless LAN adaptor into the system.

Perhaps someone could even suggest a turntable. Sadly I gave away my Thorens Transcription unit some years ago.

emcc_3

Feb 20, 2008
Visit site
Your TV should have an analog out. All you need to do is get a good 2 to 2 audio cable and connect it to an unused connection on the back of the amp. Not to sure what type of amp you are looking for as you have not mentioned budget or sound preference.

A

Anonymous

Hi Thanks for you reply

The only socket labelled Audio out is the optical one.

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Others have used the headphone jack on TV's without analogue audio outputs and should be okay. Run my PURE radio through the amp this way and is spot on.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts