Amplifier in the shed.....?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Does anyone have any experience of outdoor audio?

I'm trying to figure out the best way to get audio from an apple Airport Express to speakers at the other end of the garden.

There's power in the shed, so that seems like an ideal place to plug it (the airport express) in.

I'm guessing a small amplifier would do just fine at taking the output from the device and to the speakers at the other end of the garden - but my concern is how well an amp would weather the elements, especially during the winter months.

Is there such a thing as a 'weather resistant' amp? I've seen a 'marine amplifier' online, which is primarily designed for use on a boat:

http://outletghd.tk/clarion-apx290m-marine-stereo-power-amplifier-2-channel-360-watts-peak-outdoor-ready-aluminum-heat-sink_p17465.html

Might this do the trick?

A

Anonymous

Thanks mikegtar,

Can that product do streaming from iTunes? Most of my house is hooked up with airport express or apple tv's, so streaming from itunes is something I'd like to be able to do outdoors too

Many thanks

mikegtar

Jun 16, 2008
Visit site
I'm not familiar with streaming myself, just thought that the Pure device looked the simplest way to play music in the garden.

The spec of the Oasis Flow say that :

"Media streaming requires UPnP server or PC/MAC running UPnP server software (supplied upon registration to www.thelounge.com)."

If you think it's worth pursuing, I'd give Pure a ring to ask them if it will work with your Airport Express.

A

Anonymous

Thanks mikegtar

Certainly looks easy enough to use.

I think though I'll pursue dedicated outdoor speakers, i.e. hidden in the shrubs somewhere.

But thank you!

TRENDING THREADS