Amplifier Compatibilty With Mordaunt Short Speakers

ravishing

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Hi there. Need your professional advice.

I have a pair of MS Mezzo 6 speakers hooked up to Marantz 7000 integrated amplifier and Marantz CD player 6000 SE. I use StraightWire Chorus speaker cables. I find the sound quality a tad too bright and lacking in bass as well. I intend to upgrade

my amplifers. I am very impressed with the Roksan Kandy K2 integrated amp i auditioned at my nephew's home which he hooked up with B & W 685 speakers and QED cables (not sure which model though). However, i am also very impressed with the review of NAD C165/275BEE 's pre & power amps. I have not auditioned the NADs yet but my local dealer told me that generally Pre & Power amps sounds munch better in terms of depth and more musically dynamic. I'm looking at mininum 130 watts per channel into 6 ohms.

Or is there any better options?. My budget is in the range of the Kandy K2 and NADs 165/275.

Thank you very much indeed.

Going a very safe route, Nad, Creek, Arcam and possibly Roksan Kandy... but it boils down to room acoustics and topology. If you have lots of soft furniture, carpets, curtains, wallpaper then something in the region of Naim Nait 5i should sound good.

You need to listen to a couple of different amps (preferably home dem) and decide for yourself.

ravishing

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Thank You Sir!!

My home has soft furniture, curtains, carpets but not many..

Yes, i'll audition as many as possible especially those that you mentioned. Here in Singapore where i live, its quite impossible to have a home demo. Nevertheless, i'll

try. Nothing venture nothing gain.

Cheers!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts