Amplifier advise

Parry

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi

I'm planning to purchse an amplier and need some advise on some choices. I have a relatively system:

1. Lektor 2 speakers

2. NAD C546BEE CD player

3. Crimson interconects

I've been reading about some amplifers: NAD 326BEE; Arcam FJM19; Marantz 6005; Rotel RA10 & 1520; Cyrus 6a

Would really apprecaite your views/comments/recommendations.

Thanks

Blackdawn

May 7, 2010
Visit site
If your considering the NAD C326BEE, why not add the C356BEE to the list, which is a similar price to the other more expensive models you mention. It should also gel with the CD player and the Dali speakers.

rainsoothe

Parry said:
Will the Arcam19 pair well with the Dali Lekor 2 and the NAD C546 player? Thanks.

Well from what I understand the Lektor 2 are warmish speakers with slightly shut in highs, so a more "energic" sounding amp should partner it better - Creek Evolution 50A, Cyrus 6A, Rotel RA-1520, Exposure 2010 s2, Roksan Kandy K2 - give these a try. But ofc audition everything, including the Arcam.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
In this case I would avoid amps that don't have 4 ohms rating with continuous RMS power specs, both channels driven. The Lektor 2s are 85dB and 6 ohms nominal, so they may become a handfull for smaller amps when played loud.

In a small room though, any amp will do.

Parry

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Thanks....
I tried the Rotel 1520 a short while ago and it sounded quite nice on the B&W 685. The Arcam was less warmer but more detailed (I feel). But was not able to try them with the Dali.

matthewpiano

Rotel is an excellent partner for the Lektor 2s. I ran this combination (an RA-04SE with Lektor 2s) for a while and found it very enjoyable. The two seem to compliment each other very well. The current version of the RA-04SE is the RA10, so anything above that is going to be even better (except the RA11, which is a 10 with extra functionality).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts