Amp upgrade needed

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
Currently have a Sony STRDA1200ES but really need an amp/receiver with Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD. What's my best upgrade path (probably about a £500 budget but don't tell the wife!!)

A

Anonymous

hi, how about the onkyo sr606 amp at £400 or the previous model tx-sr605 which is going for £300 at ritcher sounds a good amp and will save you a few quid.otherwise i know the yamaha ones are also exceptional' yamaha dsp-ax763 and ax863se which got top marks inthis months what hifi mag.

fatdog1

Jun 29, 2008
Visit site
The 1200es can handle Hd audio. If yoy have a Blu Ray player that decodes HD on board then you run it through to the 1200 via your interconnects.

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
fatdog1:The 1200es can handle Hd audio. If yoy have a Blu Ray player that decodes HD on board then you run it through to the 1200 via your interconnects.
I don't have a blu ray player yet, Panny 35 being favourite. Wasn't aware that my emp could handle any HD audio??? I know it has a 7.1 input but thought this was analogue? No mention in the handbook about Dolby True Hd or anything similar or am I missing something?

Messiah

Yeah.

If you get the BD55 instead of the 35 (as I believe this does not have the outputs) you can let the BD player decode the HD soundtrack and it then passes this signal via the 7.1 outputs along the interconnects to the 7.1 inputs for your amp to simply, well, amplify!

You'll have saved yourself a few quid for some Blu-Ray films as well!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts