Amp suggestion with Roth oli40 speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm complitely ignorant in temrs of sound but I still do appreciate the good quality of it and I would like te set up something nice for my home cinema experience

I've found this pretty good offer and I was thinking to get those Roth OLi 40 speakers

http://www.superfi.co.uk/p-3346-roth-oli-40-floorstanding-speakers-pair.aspx

I know that those are not home cinema speakers, but I've been told that good speakers for music do a really good job for cinema as well, is it right?

I really would like to listen to music with those speakers as well, and music with cinema spekers sucks

Now I need to find a good amp, I don't want to spend crazy money for it, but I still want something that will aloud me to upgrade to more channels when I will have the money and mostly that is good enough to support those speakers

Any suggestion? HDMI and AirPlay are features that would be great to have

cheers

G

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Serghy said:
Any suggestion? HDMI and AirPlay are features that would be great to have

cheers

G

Welcome to the forum

Only suggestion to start with would be that you give a maximum budget for the amplifier.

The features you ask for are not too difficult to find. Most, if not all new AV amps of well known brand names have HDMI that will allow 3D & HD sound from around the £200 - £220 ish mark upwards.

Regards ...

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
If i were you i would try to audition at a local dealers if at all possible before you buy & dont just buy the 1st one you hear, you need to compare it with others within your price range (whatever that is). Different amps will sound different playing through the same speakers.

These are some of the main brands in the UK:

Yamaha

Marantz

Pioneer

Sony

Onkyo

Denon

Regards ..

TRENDING THREADS