Amp recommendations?

wadsy

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
My current set-up is....

Audio Analogue Maestro CD
Mono Pulse speakers
Arcam A75 amp

I'm hoping that by chaning the amp I can improve the sound?...and if so, how much would I need to spend to get a noticable difference?...and any suggestions for what to go for?

Many thanks
smile.gif

jmjones

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
If you liked the combination of the Arcam with your current speaker set, then try a more modern, more powerful Arcam unit.

I guess the A29, upwards depending on what you can afford.

I'm not familiar with your speakers, but the Cyrus and NAD ranges also have some very suitable gear. I would try and arrange a home demo if you could so as to ensure the tonal balance was right for you.

Do you really like those speakers?

Only asking because I feel, personally, they could be your biggest upgrade.

Not having a go you understand but changing your speakers rather than amp is likely to give biggest improvement.

R

rgking94

ARCAM A29 would be great, however if you are looking for more for your money I have a ARCAM A39 ready to sell (£1050), perfect ocndition nicely ran in, only reason i am selling is because im saving up for a valve amp :)

stevee1966

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
And i've got a Roksan Caspian M2 @ £950. Feel free to audition one and come back to me if you can't afford new. Or you could always listen to mine if you're not far away - South Wales ???

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts