Amp pre-outs..??

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
Basically they're for bypassing the amplification stage and outputting to an external power amp or integrated hifi amp. I use this setup with my AVR connected to my hifi amp (best of both worlds for music and movies).

oldleodensian

Oct 7, 2008
Visit site
The front left and right pre-outs from my Yamaha 763 are connected to the aux input on my NAD stereo amp. This allows me to use the NAD amp to power the front left and right speakers in my 5.1 set up when using all speakers for 5.1 music or movies, but for stereo music I leave the Yamaha amp off and listen to stereo hi-fi as normal. The benefits? Only one set of front speakers for both top class stereo AND for 5.1...suits me fine to have 2 amps in my living room but less speakers (than if I had separate speakers for stereo hifi and 5.1 movies).

A

Anonymous

I am interested in this type of set up. Just to clarify do the front speakers have to be connected to the av amp or the stereo amp.?

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
techno:I am interested in this type of set up. Just to clarify do the front speakers have to be connected to the av amp or the stereo amp.?

The stereo amp.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts