Amp opinion

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi (you can tell im new to this with all these post lol)

Quick opinion on what would be a better amp for me

Speaker are b&w 365

Amp choices...

Marantz PM6002

AudioLab 8000S

Cambridge Audio azur 540

I listen to alot of classic rock and indie music including as well as alot of acoutsic suff

Thank you

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Do you mean B&W 685 speakers as there's no such thing as B&W 365?

With regards to the amps youve mentioned; the Audiolab would be my choice. Both the Marantz and C/A amps can sound lifeless and a bit clinical at times, more so with B&W speakers.

Another choice could be the NAD C315 integrated amp, or, if youre happy with 2nd hand items via eBay, the NAD C320BEE integrated, NAD C352 integrated, an Arcam Alpha 9 or 10 integrated or an Arcam DiVA A85 integrated (if you can find one).

All the above mentioned work very well with B&W speakers and will also work well with your music tastes.

What CDP will you be using?

T

the record spot

Of that shortlist, the Audiolab for me; widely available for under £300 now, expandable by adding power amps in the future to it, good solid reviews to back it up too. That'd be my call.

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys

for the cd player i think ill be using either the

marantz cd5003

or the

audiolab 8000C

i did mean the 685 just a typo

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Go for the full Audiolab set-up; it'll have much better synergy over the Marantz or a mix/match sysetm

I can highly recommend the QED Silver Anniversary speaker cable or the Chord Carnival Silverscreen speaker cable either matched with QED Qenex3/SilverSpiral interconnects or Chord Crimson interconnects

Have you thought what speaker stands your going to use?

A

Anonymous

I think i will,

Was planning on using the QED Revelations are the Silver Anniversary as good for cheaper??

Not really given much thought to speaker stands as of yet. will have to asess space issuse lol

Thanks you've all been extremely helpful

TRENDING THREADS