Amp, old or new for a strange mish mash in the bedroom! :-)

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've got the sitting room sorted. Yup, all's well in there, humming away nicely! But in the bedroom, I'm having trouble. Now, before you all start shielding your eyes, just hear me out. I've got all sorts of left over bits of kit in the bedroom. My old Sony Trinitron 15" CRT TV which has the most wonderful if tiny picture and a Humax PVR-9200T feeding into an old Aiwa NSX-AV95 Midi system from the late 90s. This in turn is powering a pair of my KEF KHT2005.1 speakers and the sub. It's bi-wired so the sub gets a clean feed in parallel with the eggs. Yup, no crossover for the eggs and it sounds much better than taking it into the sub and out to the eggs. I've tried both ways. Now, the Aiwa is only acting as an amp and radio as the cd player doesn't work anymore. I'm going to add a DVD player in the form of a Toshiba SD-270E which I bought my parents but which sadly won't show the subtitles to "The Lives of Other" properly, so they're getting my old Pioneer 656 or whatever it's called, which quite honestly is better suited to their TV, being my old Pioneer 4270. I'm getting off the point. Sorry. I need an amp. It needs to be able to take the optical feed from the Toshiba, and ideally have a radio built in. But 2 channels is plenty. I'd put, let's see, £150 into it. Second hand or new. It's up to you guys to recommend something to me. So what do you think? Oohhh yes, and it must have a remote control! Vital! Over to you :)

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Sell it all and watch tv and films on your big screen downstairs! I really don't understand the point to home cinema in a bedroom. Surely bedrooms are for two things, sleeping and not sleeping? I have a second screen (20inch Bravia) in the dining room for when I am banished away to watch ITV football (the picture is rubbish on ITV so it doesn't bother me) and for the kids to watch their stuff in the mornings etc., but that only has a DVD player attached to it - no surround speakers are anything.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts