Amp needed for Mission 702e speakers? DM38DAB - A-S500 - PM6003 etc?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Hi all

I have these Mission 702e speakers, had them for years now and they need a new partner for a small room.

I was considering the Denon mini system (first time for everything!) has good reviews too. Also the PM6003 or A-S500. I had also considered getting an oldie but a goody e.g A400x or AA6 or something similar.

As I say, it is a small room and I am more concerned with a decent sound as opposed to the extras the Denon mini can offer. Having said that if the Denon offers that good a sound for the money I may plump for it!

I know it will not match the A-S500 or PM6003 but would it be comparable to the older but decent amps I mentioned? Am at a loss but it is not a big deal as it is for another room anyway. Just after some ideas and hopefully some opinions.

Will possibly be getting a CD player for it but more than likely will be using my PC for now (with Asus soundcard, so not sooo bad) then thinking about keeping it that way and adding a DAC or something in the future. Decisions, decisions.

Thanks. Max.

A

Anonymous

OK

So I tried the Arcam through the Missions and whoa, makes the Arcam sound pretty duff!

I recall the speakers sounded better when I had my old Marantz PM4400 or Denon PMA255 driving them, strange!

Any suggestions as to what can get these speakers singing again please?

Thanks.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts