Amp needed for Mission 702e speakers? DM38DAB - A-S500 - PM6003 etc?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all

I have these Mission 702e speakers, had them for years now and they need a new partner for a small room.

I was considering the Denon mini system (first time for everything!) has good reviews too. Also the PM6003 or A-S500. I had also considered getting an oldie but a goody e.g A400x or AA6 or something similar.

As I say, it is a small room and I am more concerned with a decent sound as opposed to the extras the Denon mini can offer. Having said that if the Denon offers that good a sound for the money I may plump for it!

I know it will not match the A-S500 or PM6003 but would it be comparable to the older but decent amps I mentioned? Am at a loss but it is not a big deal as it is for another room anyway. Just after some ideas and hopefully some opinions.

Will possibly be getting a CD player for it but more than likely will be using my PC for now (with Asus soundcard, so not sooo bad) then thinking about keeping it that way and adding a DAC or something in the future. Decisions, decisions.

Thanks. Max.

A

Anonymous

OK

So I tried the Arcam through the Missions and whoa, makes the Arcam sound pretty duff!

I recall the speakers sounded better when I had my old Marantz PM4400 or Denon PMA255 driving them, strange!

Any suggestions as to what can get these speakers singing again please?

Thanks.

A

Anonymous

??? Anyone ???
smiley-foot-in-mouth.gif

TRENDING THREADS