Amp Help Cambridge Audio SR10

Dave2860

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I have a Cambridge Audio SR10, and at any other volume that stupidly loud, there is a serious lack of bass.

I tested to see if it was my speakers using my dads old Denon UPA-110 and the sound is so much better. Bass is back and speakers are sounding good and full. Swap back to the Cambridge and No bass again.

Im confident the amp isn't faulty as my friend has a cambridge amplifier and he also doesn't have much bass at lower levels.

I also like how the volume is off and on full with 1 spin of the dial, on the denon and not a digital display like the CA.

So i was thinking of buying another amp. I need 2 sets of speaker outputs, and 2 inputs?

Can anbody help me?

Thanks,

Dave

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Dave2860 said:
So i was thinking of buying another amp. I need 2 sets of speaker outputs, and 2 inputs?

Well that narrows the options down to just about most amps on the market.

Not sure that many people would have experience matching Bose speakers to other kit (I may be wrong on this point). Bose doesn't have a great rep on this forum, and neither does your Cambride Audio amp.

Maybe if you at least gave us your budget, people might be able to give an answer.

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
I dont have any problem with bass on my SR10.it it a bit brighter than other amps but doesn't lack bass . the speakers I have with it are the CA S30 and they have nice and powerfull bass for the size.they lack a bit of definition on the treble deppartment. I have the amp set do bass -6, and treble +8 , just you get an idea that with that setting i still have enough bass with the speakers.

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
I remember listenning to the Bose 301 with my Harman Kardon 3390 wich I also have and it certainly gives big bass sound, and when I heard it with the Bose 301 I remember thinking how it sounded so bass light.Must be something with the frequency response of those speakers.

Dave2860

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Looking to spend around £250, £350 max.

The speakers are great i love them and once i crank the amp up, the walls rattle, its just when i have them at a comforable listening level, theres no bass at all.

Like i said with my dads denon amp the sounds is fantastic and full, but im looking for my own as im pretty sure he will be wanting it back now.

Ive had my eye on the marantz-pm6004, i might *** into richersounds for a quick demo after work.

thanks for the replys

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts