Amp for Monitor Audio RX6 AV12 (RX6, RX Center, RXFX & RXW12)

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I intend to buy a Monitor Audio RX6 speaker system (RX6, RX Centre, RXFX and RXW12). Now I have the problem o pairing it with a proper amp (reading on the forum i've seen that is not quite the simplest thing to do :) ). I'm thinking at this moment to a Pionner SC-LX56 amp.

Please let me know your opinion on this pair of equipments. Have any of you own or owned/tested them togheter? Should I think to another amp?

Many thanks

Hi Alex

Yamaha's AV amplification is also worth bearing in mind as there is superb synergy between Yamaha AV amplifiers and Monitor Audio speakers
smiley-smile.gif
Their new Aventage RX-A1020 or if budget allows Aventage RX-A2020 are also worth consideration.

http://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/audio-visual/av-receivers-amps/rx-a1020_g/?mode=model

http://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/audio-visual/av-receivers-amps/rx-a2020_g/?mode=model

Alternatively (whilst still available and for a bargain) their discontinued Aventage RX-A1010, RX-A2010 and RX-A3010 are also worth a look.

Yamaha AV amplification + Monitor Audio speakers form a great match (time after time) :rockout:

Btw, Silver RX6 AV12 is an excellent speaker system. Out of interest what colour will you have these speakers in please?

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

D

Deleted member 2457

alexmusic said:
Hi

I intend to buy a Monitor Audio RX6 speaker system (RX6, RX Centre, RXFX and RXW12). Now I have the problem o pairing it with a proper amp (reading on the forum i've seen that is not quite the simplest thing to do :) ). I'm thinking at this moment to a Pionner SC-LX56 amp.

Please let me know your opinion on this pair of equipments. Have any of you own or owned/tested them togheter? Should I think to another amp?

Many thanks

Pioneer amps do get recommended with that speaker package in WHF, and that specific model but 3 before I think the 53 was recommended quite heavily. So good choice in my book.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts